Reports To: Head Internal Audit / Senior Manager Internal Audit
Qualification: Chartered Accountant, Desired- CISA / CIA / LLB
Experience: 2 - 3 years in Internal Audit, Preferably in life insurance / financial services sector
Role Summary: Responsible for Analyzing information using logical processes, audit analysis tools / software and Assessing company processes, pertinent regulations, risks & internal controls and impact on business
- Review the area to be audited and understand the scope of the audit
- Review previous audit reports, if any, to check clearance of key issues
- Prepare preliminary risk assessment matrix (RAM), identifying key risks and controls in the audit area
- Discuss and validate the RAM with the local and regional audit managers.
- Do a process walk through along with the process owners and prepare process flowcharts
- Execute testing strategy
- Perform compliance and substantive testing
- Conclude on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of key controls tested
- Complete work paper documentation in audit software - Teammate (TM)
- Draft audit issues / reports as per GIA’s audit methodology
- Discuss audit issues with operational management and ensure factual accuracy of the issues
- Submit report to audit manager for review
- Input final audit report into TM, before formal issuance
- Participate in risk mitigation plans, contingency planning, business continuity programs by executing and reporting within defined timelines. Highlight and recommend process gaps, flaws and process changes.
Working knowledge of internal audit concepts and methodology.