Job Role: Looking for a Senior SQL developer with 4 to 6 years’ experience who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. The candidate will also work with other developers optimizing complex SQL queries as necessary, and establishing best practices. The Candidate will help resolve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
- Must have experience with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 and T-SQL in both OLAP and OLTP environments
- Create and modify database schema, T-SQL scripts, stored procedures and other database objects and SSIS packages in order to meet customer requirements.
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS SQL Management Studio
- Set up, maintenance and support jobs in SQL Agent
- Good in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies
- Experience in Data Modeling, Database design and well versed with SQL Server best practices
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Must have experience working with high concurrency web applications
- Review the work of peer developers
- Perform performance analysis using query analyzer and SQL Profiles
- Adhere to best practices and coding standards and help to improve them over time
- Create and update documentation and project management artifacts in support of research and coding activities.
- Should have experience working with Global teams consisting of other talented developers, product managers, project managers, and architects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be a very good team player possessing inter-personal skills
- B.Tech/ BE/MCA/ M.Sc in computer science or equivalent education and a minimum of 3 years of experience in professional database development in Microsoft environment.
- MS SQL Server 2008/2012 and T-SQL in OLAP and OLTP
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2012
- Database: MS SQL Server 2008/2012